Online Railway Reservation System has made it easier for passengers to book train tickets from the comfort of their homes or offices. With just a few clicks, users can search for available trains, select a seat, make payment, and get their booking confirmed. However, as with any software application, it is crucial to ensure that the Online Railway Reservation System is thoroughly tested before it goes live. Test cases are sets of instructions that help verify whether the system meets its requirements, functions as expected, and delivers a seamless user experience. In this blog post, we will explore some essential test cases for Railway Reservation System that can help ensure its quality and reliability.
Positive Test Cases For Railway Reservation System
- User authentication: Verify that the system allows registered users to log in with valid credentials.
- Search availability: Verify that the system displays available trains based on the user’s search criteria, such as origin, destination, date, and time.
- Select train and seat: Verify that the system allows the user to select a train and a seat from the available options.
- Passenger details: Verify that the system allows the user to enter accurate passenger details, such as name, age, gender, and any other required information.
- Payment process: Verify that the payment gateway works smoothly and the user can make payment using different payment methods.
- Booking confirmation: Verify that the system displays a booking confirmation message after successful payment and also sends a confirmation email and/or SMS to the user.
- Ticket cancellation: Verify that the system allows the user to cancel the ticket and provides an appropriate refund as per the cancellation policy.
- Modify booking: Verify that the system allows the user to modify the booking details, such as the date, time, and class of travel.
- PNR status: Verify that the system allows the user to check the PNR status of their booking.
- Feedback and support: Verify that the system provides a feedback mechanism for users to share their experience and also has a support system to assist users in case of any issues.
Negative Test Cases For Railway Reservation System
- Invalid login: Verify that the system does not allow access to unregistered users or users with incorrect login credentials.
- Invalid search criteria: Verify that the system displays an appropriate error message when the user enters invalid or incomplete search criteria.
- Invalid seat selection: Verify that the system does not allow the user to select an already reserved or invalid seat.
- Invalid passenger details: Verify that the system does not allow the user to enter invalid or incomplete passenger details.
- Payment failure: Verify that the system displays an appropriate error message when the payment fails due to technical or other issues.
- Booking failure: Verify that the system displays an appropriate error message when the booking fails due to technical or other issues.
- Incorrect cancellation: Verify that the system does not cancel the wrong booking or charge an incorrect cancellation fee.
- Incorrect modification: Verify that the system does not allow the user to modify the booking details that are not allowed as per the policy or do not exist.
- PNR status errors: Verify that the system does not display incorrect or outdated PNR status information.
- Error handling: Verify that the system handles all types of errors and exceptions gracefully and displays appropriate error messages to the user.
In conclusion, test cases are an essential tool for ensuring the proper functioning of an online railway reservation system. They help to identify any potential issues and ensure that the system is secure and user-friendly. Regular testing is crucial to maintaining the integrity of the system and ensuring the satisfaction of its users.