Navigation bars play a crucial role in the user experience of any website or application. They provide a way for users to quickly and easily access the different sections of the site or application. It’s important to ensure that navigation bars are functioning correctly and providing an intuitive and seamless experience for users. In this blog post, we’ll explore the key test cases for navigation bar, providing you with a comprehensive guide to testing the functionality and user experience of this critical component. Whether you’re a tester, developer, or QA engineer, this article is a must-read for anyone looking to understand the importance of navigation bar testing.
UI Test Cases For Navigation Bar
- Verify that design of the navigation bar is as per requirements or not.
- Verify that color of the navigation bar is as per requirements or not.
- Verify that height of the navigation bar is as per requirements or not.
- Verify that width of the navigation bar is as per requirements or not.
- Verify that the navigation bar is properly aligned or not.
- Verify that label text for menu items on the navbar is displayed as per expectation or not.
- Verify that when user hover over the label text then link color is changed or not.
Functional Test Cases For Navigation Bar
- Verify that user is able to click on each items on the navbar or not.
- Verify that if user clicks on any items from the navbar then user should be redirected on the destination page.
- Verify that if any menu items has sub items then drop down menu is displayed or not.
- Verify that search functionality is available in navbar or not.
- Verify that if search functionality is available on navbar then user should be able to search or not.
- Verify that navbar functionality with logged in user.
- Verify that navbar functionality without logged in user.
In conclusion, testing navigation bars is an essential aspect of ensuring the quality and user experience of a website or application. By following the key test cases outlined in this blog post, you can ensure that your navigation bar is functioning optimally, providing users with an intuitive and seamless experience. Whether you’re a tester, developer, or QA engineer, understanding the importance of navigation bar testing is crucial for delivering high-quality digital products. With this knowledge in hand, you can be confident in your ability to test and improve the navigation bars in your projects.