When developing software, it’s crucial to validate the accuracy of the phone number field. In this blog post, we’ll cover the different test cases for phone number field that must be performed to guarantee the proper functioning of this field. From verifying the format to testing international numbers, we’ll explore all the essential aspects to ensure a smooth user experience. Whether you’re a tester or developer, this guide will provide you with the necessary knowledge to validate the phone number field effectively. Let’s get started.
Positive Test Cases For Phone Number Field
- Verify that phone number field design should be as per specification.
- Verify that placeholder should be displayed as per the specification.
- Validating the correct format of the phone number (e.g. (123) 123-1234 or 123-123-1234)
- Verify the field with a maximum length of phone numbers allowed.
- Verify the field with a minimum length of phone numbers allowed.
- Verify the field with the correct input type (e.g. numbers only).
- Verify the ability to enter international numbers.
Negative Test Cases For Phone Number Field
- Verify the field with letters instead of numbers.
- Verify the field with special characters instead of numbers.
- Verify the field with alpha and special characters
- Verify the field with numbers exceeding the maximum length allowed.
- Verify the field with numbers that are too short.
- Verify the field with an incorrect format (e.g. 1231231234).
- Verify the field with spaces and/or dashes in incorrect positions.
In conclusion, testing the mobile phone number field is an important step in software development that should not be overlooked. By covering all the essential test cases, including format validation and testing international numbers, we can guarantee the accuracy and reliability of the field. Ensuring that the phone number field functions properly is crucial for a seamless user experience. We hope this blog post provided you with the necessary knowledge to effectively test this field and ensure the success of your software.